WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
WHICH CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE PROCESS?
WHERE DO WE SOURCE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We process personal information you provide directly to us in connection with the below purposes, such as when you register for a recruiting event, submit a job application, or interview with us. We also receive personal information from other sources, such as during reference, background, or employment checks, and from third party recruitment sources and assessment sites.
WHY AND HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use personal information to respond to your requests or application; for recruitment and hiring purposes; to enable your use of, and to develop, improve, and secure, our recruiting activities and Verde Payments products and services; and to comply with applicable laws.
HOW CAN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Your personal information may be shared throughout Verde Payments’ global organization and with third parties such as service providers, related companies in the event of reorganization, and government authorities as required by law.
WHAT ARE YOUR CHOICES?
For information about you processed in certain regions and countries, such as the EU/EEA, you may request to withdraw consent; opt-out, object to, or restrict our use of your personal information; delete, change, or correct your personal information; or access your personal information.
HOW TO CONTACT VERDE PAYMENTS IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR COMPLAINTS?
- Verde Payments’ recruiting activities more generally, conducted both offline and online via the Sites (as defined below).
3.WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Verde Payments may use data analytics and algorithms to help recruiters sort through candidate and application information. Algorithms help reduce the application or resume review time and assist in identifying candidates based on professional qualifications, skills, and experience commensurate with the relevant requisition. The algorithms analyze that data and compare it to our historical data on successful and unsuccessful candidates. Automated results are always evaluated by Verde Payments recruiters and are never the sole source of considering a candidate for employment.
4.WHICH CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE PROCESS AND FROM WHICH SOURCES?
We process personal information that you provide directly to us, submit a job application in connection with a recruiting event, or when we conduct a remote or in-person interview. We may also receive personal information about you from other sources, such as from references, in connection with background or employment checks, target companies where Verde Payments conducts due diligence related to a potential acquisition of your employer, and from third party sources like professional headhunters or recruiting firms, data brokers or if allowed by applicable law other sources such as Sites. Sites include, without limitation, social sites where you have created a public page or profile or otherwise given permission so that recruiters can access your information on these sites. They also can include vendor sites where Verde Payments has invited you to participate in assessments, evaluations, or online interviews. Online video interviews are subject to supplemental privacy terms.
- name and contact details
- educational background
- employment background
- job qualifications and work eligibility, including your nationality, country of residence, and visa and immigration status
- jobs in which you have expressed an interest or for which you would like to submit an application
- CV, resume or transcripts, and any supporting documentation attached to your resume such as copies of certificates and diplomas
- employment references
- compensation details, such as salary information, depending on your region
- background check information, such as a verification of your educational and professional background, and other relevant information subject to Verde Payments policies and applicable laws
- information about your personality, competency, ability, and suitability for a position
- certain types of sensitive personal information as described in Section 12 below
5.WHY AND HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use personal information for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you and respond to your requests or application
- for recruitment, evaluation, background screening and hiring purposes
- to analyze, develop and improve our recruiting activities and Verde Payments products and services
- to maintain the security of our sites, systems, and networks
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business
These purposes are described below in further detail.
To communicate with you and respond to your requests or application
If you get in touch with us (for example, through contact forms on the Sites, contact with our recruiters, or at events or via Sites) we process information about you to communicate with you about your application or job interests. For example, we may update you on the status of your application, inform you about new vacancies or invite you for recruitment activities such as a phone or in-person interview.
For recruitment, evaluation, and background screening and hiring purposes
We process information about you to connect the right candidate with the right job at Verde Payments and evaluate whether you are the right applicant for a position. We may therefore include information about you in our recruitment databases to manage Verde Payments’ candidate selection and recruiting processes. If you are selected for a position at Verde Payments, information about you will also be used to facilitate the hiring process. Please be aware that, prior to hiring you and in order for Verde Payments to be able to extend an offer to you, you may be requested to complete a background check in accordance with Verde Payments’ policies and local law. For more information about this background check and the processing of information about you in connection with a background check, please see Verde Payments’ Background Check Process. Depending on your region, additional details regarding our use of background check information about you may also be specified in the applicable privacy notices and/or policies of our background check service provider.
Verde Payments may invite you to participate in assessments to evaluate your suitability for a position. In evaluating your suitability for the position, Verde Payments may access your assessment and receive results from the Sites.
To analyze, develop and improve our recruiting activities and Verde Payments products and services
In order to analyze, develop, and improve our recruiting activities and Verde Payments products and services, Verde Payments may process information about you. We may also process information about you to develop and test new products or system versions, patches, and updates.
To comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business
In some cases, we may process information about you to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as legally mandated reporting or other legal process requests. We may also process information about you in the performance and organization of our business and internal management, for example to conduct audits and investigations, for mergers and acquisitions, finance and accounting, archiving and insurance purposes, and in the context of dispute resolution.
6.FOR INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU IN THE EU/EEA AND OTHER RELEVANT REGIONS, WHAT IS OUR BASIS FOR PROCESSING?
For information about you collected in the EU/EEA and other relevant regions, our basis for processing is the following:
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your contact and related information in order to consider your candidacy for employment, to communicate with you and to respond to your requests.
- The processing of information about you for recruiting purposes is based on your consent. Please note that you can always close your account and withdraw your consent, although this may affect our ability to consider you for employment at Verde Payments.
- Any processing of your sensitive personal information in connection with your job application is based on your explicit consent. Please note that you can always close your account and withdraw your consent, although this may affect our ability to consider you for employment at Verde Payments.
- The processing of information about you as part of our offline and online recruitment activities is based on our legitimate interest in finding the best person for a specific job.
- In case you were not selected for the position, but we would like to contact you about future job opportunities that may be of interest to you, we may process the relevant contact and related information provided by you as part of your initial application, based on our legitimate interest to find the best possible candidate for the position.
- Our processing of information about you to analyze, develop and improve our sites and Verde Payments products and services is based on our legitimate interest in enhancing the effectiveness, user experience, and functioning of our sites and our products and services.
- Our processing of information about you for security purposes is based on our legitimate interest in protecting Verde Payments systems and networks.
- Our processing of information about you for legal and regulatory purposes is based on a legal obligation or on Verde Payments’ legitimate interest in complying with applicable laws and regulations.
- Our processing of information about you for business operations purposes is based on our legitimate interest in operating our business in an efficient and appropriate manner.
- Our processing of personal information also will be as necessary to enter into a contract with you for employment purposes.
7.FOR HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Verde Payments maintains your personal information for the following retention periods:
- If you, or a recruiter on your behalf, create an account in the Verde Payments Recruiting Cloud, your account information will be retained for as long as your account is actively maintained. Your account will be deemed inactive, and your account information will be deleted after five (5) years of inactivity.
- Verde Payments will retain your personal information related to your application for a position (such as your curriculum vitae/resume or the position to which you applied, assessment results) for up to five (5) years from the date you applied.
To the extent permitted or required by law, or as requested by you, Verde Payments may delete your personal information at any time. As a result, you should retain your own copy of any information you submit to us. In some cases, in order to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, Verde Payments may deny your request to delete personal information and may retain your personal information for longer than five (5) years.
8.WHEN AND HOW CAN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Sharing within Verde Payments
Verde Payments employees are authorized to access personal information only to the extent necessary to serve the applicable purpose(s) and to perform their jobs and are bound by appropriate confidentiality agreements.
Sharing with third parties
Where necessary, we share personal information with third parties as described below.
- Third-party service providers (for example, website management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, background or employment check service providers, auditing, and other similar services) in order for those service providers to perform business functions on behalf of Verde Payments.
- Relevant third parties in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to government requests, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes.
9.HOW IS PERSONAL INFORMATION HANDLED GLOBALLY?
If your personal information is transferred to an Verde Payments recipient or third party in a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection for personal information Verde Payments will take measures designed to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected and where required, transferred subject to appropriate transfer mechanisms such as EU Standard Contractual Clauses or similar legally recognized standard contractual clauses.
10.HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURED?
Verde Payments has implemented appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures designed to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, damage, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, or access as well as all other forms of unlawful processing (including, but not limited to, unnecessary collection) or further processing.
11.WHAT ARE YOUR CHOICES?
Depending on your country (or state) of residence, you may have certain choices and rights in relation to our use of information about you, such as the right to access, correct and update, erase or delete, and obtain a copy of your personal information.
- Withdraw consent – You may request to withdraw the consent you have previously provided for the processing of your personal information.
- Object to, or limit or restrict use of personal information – You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal information.
- Right to access and/or receive a copy of your personal information.
You can exercise these choices in accordance with applicable laws as specified on our Privacy Choices page.
12.DOES VERDE PAYMENTS COLLECT SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Verde Payments not only respects but celebrates Diversity and Inclusion in its workforce. Verde Payments also maintains an equal opportunity program in some countries in accordance with applicable law. As part of Verde Payments’ efforts to create and foster a diverse and inclusive workforce and/or to monitor equal opportunity, Verde Payments may request and process sensitive personal information related to gender, identity, religious or political affiliation, sexual orientation, age, language, abilities/disabilities, veteran status, race, ethnicity, or other defining characteristics. You may also voluntarily disclose such sensitive personal information with Verde Payments during the recruiting process. If not expressly required by the job advert, Verde Payments does not otherwise require applicants or candidates to disclose this information in connection with a job application or as part of our recruiting efforts. However, if you elect to share such information with Verde Payments, it will not be used in the hiring or selection process or to determine eligibility for any role.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, information related to your COVID-19 vaccination status or any medical or religious accommodation request, infection status or test results may be disclosed to Verde Payments and may be subject to additional privacy notices (where required). Further, if you have a disability and would like Verde Payments to consider any accommodation, you may disclose or provide that information during the recruiting process.
13.WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES?
14.WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)?
If you are a California resident, you may request that we disclose to you the categories of personal information we collected about you (see Section 4).
If you are a California resident, you may obtain information about exercising your rights, as described above, by contacting us at 1-305-614-0742.
15.DATA PROTECTION OFFICER—YOUR QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS
Written inquiries to the Global Data Protection Officer may be addressed to:
Global Data Protection Officer